Monday, July 13, 2009


Sorry, but Belinda's computer is down. Here is the happy ending for Mr. Delbert Hall. Found safe and sound with only blisters on his feet for the experience, we send him and his family our best wishes.

Missing man found safeBy DAVID M. GRIMES

EAST LIVERPOOL An East Liverpool man who went missing Saturday is back at home after a joint effort between police and welfare officials located him in downtown Pittsburgh.
Delbert R. Hall, 31, was spotted near the Seven Eleven convenience store at Penn Avenue and 6th Street early Friday morning at the same time he used food stamps that were traced to that location.
Hall arrived back in East Liverpool later Friday after his mother, Sharon Kidder, picked him up at a Pittsburgh police post.
"I'm thanking God he's alive," Kidder said from their Minerva Street home. "The Pittsburgh police are so nice, just like the East Liverpool cops down here. I'm happy he's home."
Kidder said she contacted Department of Human Services yesterday and asked if they would be able to trace the food stamps.
As of Friday night, Hall was enjoying his time back home.
His mother said Hall was enjoying a pizza from a local eatery, meeting with the neighbors and resting in the house. Hall appears to be in good shape except for being somewhat scared of the days alone in the big city and having blisters all over feet from walking.
The Seven Eleven location is approximately 18 miles from Pittsburgh International Airport.
"At night, he was scared so he walked the streets and took catnaps on benches," Kidder said.
She added he didn't contact authorities because someone told him that police officers arrest people who have no money for vagrancy.
The last several days and nights have caused Kidder to be restless as well.
She said she would wait on the porch until very late at night or early morning, hoping to see Hall walk down Minerva Street. She was resting Friday morning when she got the call that her son had been found.
Hall was entered into a missing persons database Wednesday after Kidder contacted East Liverpool police. Kidder said Hall was sent home early from his visit with his father in Georgia and she did not know of that circumstance.
East Liverpool Capt. Norm Curtis said Hall had approximately $40 on him. The captain contacted agencies in Beaver County, the Beaver County Jail and placed a call to an ambulance service in Coraopolis, Pa. No one reported any findings.
But after efforts continued, Hall was finally located.
Kidder exploded in emotion after she heard the good news.
"I was so tired I could have hit the floor," Kidder said. "I cried. God saved him; God put his arms around him."
As soon as she saw her son at the Pittsburgh police station, Kidder said she gave him a hug.
"I'm so happy, I'm so relieved," she said. "I just want to thank Human Services, the police here and in Pittsburgh and the news coverage helped."

No comments: